Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Turn It Up Tuesday and Watch Out Wednesday

So since I'm being a terrible promoter lately, I decided to combine these two days together.  Yesterday, was our Back-to-School night where I got to meet my class and their parents before the first day of school on Monday!!  I can't believe the school year is about to begin.  So with all of the preparation for the start of the school year, I've been slacking with my posts and responding to emails and whatnot.  So I do need to apologize and I'm going to try harder to make sure everything gets posted on time!!! 


So since Amy is amazing, she already has everything prepared for the week so I can schedule the rest of the posts like I should have done as soon as she sent them to me, lol


So here is Turn It Up Tuesday.......

"Music is one of my best motivators for writing. Many times when my creative flow runs dry, I use music to inspire me. There have been several scenes in my books that were inspired by music lyrics.



My Playlist for The Southern Devotion Series:

I'll Stand by You by the Pretenders
Say Something by A Great Big World
Bring Me To Life by Evanescence
Here's to Us by Halestorm
Bartender by Lady Antebellum
Your Body is a Wonderland by John Mayer
Places I've Been by Taylor Hicks
She Will be Loved by Maroon 5
Can't Take My Eyes Off You by Franki Valli 


She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5




Watch Out Wednesday........


5 Things about The Southern Devotion Series that might surprise you:


   1. For the Love of Gracie has a lot of truth in it. Many of the stories Gracie tells about her past or her friends are stories of mine.   

   2. The Characters are all modeled after people I know. Many of them have been through the same experiences as the real people. My group of friends even have drinking parties called "Loozas," a tradition we've had for many years now.

   3.  Nashville: I chose Nashville as the setting because I grew up there. In FtLoG, I included many of my favorite spots in town; my favorite restaurant, museum, and my favorite park.



   4.  Each time I write one of the novels in this series, I add a scene that takes place somewhere I've recently been.  Curves in the Road had a scene from Dale Hollow Lake, which I wrote two months after a weekend trip with friends to stay in a cabin on that lake. In Complicated Relationships, the couples travel to Fall Creek Falls, which is where I spent the fourth of July a few months prior to the scene being written.

   5. The Book Covers have a theme. Each book cover represents a season. For the Love of Gracie: Fall, Curves in the Road: Summer, Complicated Relationships: Winter. When Book 4 releases it will be the final book of the series and it will have a Spring theme for the cover.






Don't Forget


Complicated Relationships will be on Sale for $.99 from August 21-28th



Blurb: 
Tristan Jacobs followed his best friend Mary Jane from Florida to Nashville only to have his heart broken when she married someone else. He's been a father to his younger sister Macy for the past five years now and has been putting his romantic life on hold. 
Now he's ready to find the girl of his dreams. An auburn-haired beauty walks into the bar one night and captures his attention. What he doesn't realize is that she has a connection to the woman who broke his heart. 
Tristan’s life is full of complicated relationships that could affect the one that means the most to him. Will he get his happily-ever-after? Or will the complications prove to be too difficult to overcome?



Don't forget to also check on the giveaway on Monday's post!!!  Really great items up for grabs!!!  Who doesn't love free stuff!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania, United States
I love to read!! :) Click on the Get To Know Me tab to learn more!!
View this profile on Instagram

Leah B (@urbestlyfe71318) • Instagram photos and videos