Saturday, July 30, 2022

My review of 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humorous Memoir


Title28 Diasatrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humorous Memoir
Author: Poppy Mortimer
Published On: May 10, 2022
Publisher: Poppy Mortimer 
Source: Digital (NetGalley)
Pages: 322

Synopsis:
Poppy Mortimer is hungry for love. Will she find The One, or lose her appetite for men, forever?
Smart, attractive, and fueled by wide-eyed optimism, Poppy Mortimer leaves rainy England to start a new life and find the perfect man-in exotic Australia. Surely somewhere out there, a Chris Hemsworth impersonator is just waiting to whisk her off her feet and show her the real charms of 'Down Under'.
But as Poppy launches into 28 dates, ranging from the outright hysterical to borderline traumatic, it becomes clear she's going to have to kiss a few frogs-assuming she doesn't croak first. From the seven-foot giant with a disturbing workout practice to the exclusive party that turns out to be a lot more than just cocktails and canapes, Poppy starts to wonder if she should sue Disney for giving her false hope.
With gusto, humor, and a lot of heart, Poppy digs deep into her past as a child of divorce, and her ongoing journey as a modern woman and devoted romantic. Through laughter, tears, and characters that are truly stranger than fiction, Poppy won't stop until she finds true love-or something even greater.
Fans of Bridget Jones's Diary and Sex and the City (or any person who wants to feel better about their own dating life) will love this book.


Happy Saturday and welcome to day 4 of my review spree.  This one, I cannot even begin.  I got access through NetGalley and began reading on July 21.  As I started the 1st chapter, I knew I was going to love this book.  I literally started laughing out loud from her descriptions of her oh-so-exciting dating experiences.  I could not get enough as I was reading through each date and seeing where poor Poppy was going to end up next.  I am pleased to say that I have been added to the list to review any upcoming books and I couldn't be more excited.  I literally started telling everyone I knew that they needed to read this book.  Absolutely hilarious and honestly one of the only books that made me laugh out loud as I was reading!  Poppy is a gem for sure!


  My Thoughts
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

These dates had me literally laughing out loud.  I am very familiar with the online dating scene in which some of these stories begin.  I can not imagine how Poppy is still around to be able to tell these stories.  I mean I am very happy that she is but she definitely got herself into some interesting situations. Poppy's writing style is so relatable and made me feel like I was chatting with a friend. I really enjoyed this read and I couldn't put it down. I really liked the "What I learned" section of each date.  I liked how she shared the humorous side that she was now able to see from these outrageous dates but was able to share important words of wisdom to her readers. Very descriptive and I felt like I was on a date with her! Awesome read and will definitely recommend it!!





So if you are looking for a humorous emotion-filled story, make sure to add 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humorous Memoir to your TBR.  In the comments below, please share any disastrous dates you may have had!  I'd love to see what others have experienced!!

Have a wonderful Saturday and I will see you tomorrow for my review of A Guide to Being Just Friends by Sophie Sullivan.

Leah❤

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania, United States
I love to read!! :) Click on the Get To Know Me tab to learn more!!
View this profile on Instagram

Leah B (@urbestlyfe71318) • Instagram photos and videos