Thursday, July 28, 2022

My Review of The Hotel Nantucket


Title: The Hotel Nantucket 
Author: Elin Hilderbrand
Published On: June 14, 2022
Publisher: Little, Brown & Company 
Source: Digital (NetGalley)
Pages: 368

Synopsis:
After a tragic fire in 1922 that killed 19-year-old chambermaid, Grace Hadley, The Hotel Nantucket descended from a gilded age gem to a mediocre budget-friendly lodge to inevitably an abandoned eyesore — until it's purchased and renovated top to bottom by London billionaire, Xavier Darling.  Xavier hires Nantucket's sweetheart Lizbet Keaton as his general manager, and Lizbet, in turn, pulls together a charismatic, if inexperienced, staff who shares the vision of turning the fate of the hotel around. They face challenges in getting along with one another (and with the guests), overcoming the hotel's bad reputation, and surviving the (mostly) harmless shenanigans of Grace Hadley herself — who won't stop haunting the hotel until her murder is acknowledged.

Filled with the emotional tension and multiple points of view that characterize Elin's books (The Blue Bistro, Golden Girl) as well as an added touch of historical reality, Hotel Nantucket offers something for everyone in this summer drama for the ages.


Let's continue this review spree with the next book that I received access to on NetGalley.  I had heard this book mentioned by so many people as being a great beach/summer read.  Well, I am a teacher on summer break, so I thought why not request.  I was pleasantly surprised when they accepted my request since it had been a while since I was really active with reviews.  I started this book on July 13th but I only made it through the 1st chapter and thought, I don't know if this book is for me.  I went on a day trip to the Zoo the next day, so I forgot all about it.  Finally, on Friday, July 15th, I picked up the book again and thought I better give it another shot.  I am so glad that I did because 8 hrs later, I had finished this book and was craving more.  I searched Elin Hilderbrand and saw she had so many other stories to read and I was so excited.  So I hopped onto Thiftbook.com and ordered a few.  So expect those reviews to follow later on this year.



My Thoughts 
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

What an awesome story! Not my usual book to pick up and I was presently surprised. Loved the character progression and the way each chapter had me searching for more. It was definitely a book I didn't want to put down. The easy-flowing storyline with twists and turns is not as predictable as one may think. I'm interested in reading more from Elin Hilderbrand now!  I highly recommend this book if you are looking for a story that is going to keep you guessing and having each chapter sucks you in more and more to learn what will we find out next.



Let me know if you have read or are interested in reading The Hotel Nantucket down in the comments.  I will love to chat about the book with someone!

Have an amazing day and I will see you tomorrow with my review for Long Story Short by Serena Kaylor!

Leah❤



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania, United States
I love to read!! :) Click on the Get To Know Me tab to learn more!!
View this profile on Instagram

Leah B (@urbestlyfe71318) • Instagram photos and videos