Thursday, July 16, 2015

Throwback Thursday


So for Throwback Thursday, I will feature books from mine and featured authors childhood or past.  I'm a huge children's book fanatic being a teacher and all, so this is going to be a lot of fun to go back and look at things that we use to love.


For my first post, I will talk about one of my favorite books from when I was growing up.  I remember I couldn't wait for Library to come around in rotation each week at school.  I would rush to the library to check out, The Jolly Postman.  I absolutely loved that book.  I loved looking at all the little surprises in each of the envelops through the book.



Now looking back, the story line is really adorable.  The Jolly Postman is traveling through all of the nursery rhymes and delivering letters to all the characters.  The little pull out letters and surprises are so fitting to each character and it makes reading so much fun.



While I was searching for an image to post, I came across The Jolly Christmas Postman.  I never seen that one so I will be investing in that very soon!!  I will make sure to have both on hand for my daughter to be able to enjoy when she gets a little bit older.  This is one of my favorite stories from growing up!!!





What was your favorite book growing up?  Leave it in the comments below!!  




Happy Reading Book Nerd



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania, United States
I love to read!! :) Click on the Get To Know Me tab to learn more!!
View this profile on Instagram

Leah B (@urbestlyfe71318) • Instagram photos and videos