Thursday, July 30, 2015

Throwback Thursday


What did Wren like way back when.........


I’ve always loved to read, so I have a ridiculous amount of favorite books from when I was a kid. Bunnicula by James Howe is one that really stood out for me. I remember thinking it was the funniest thing I’d ever read.

The first book that kept me so fascinated I read it in one day was The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I loved imagining a house like that with lost passageways and grand gardens.



There are a couple of books that I loved which are not very well known. The first was Jeremy Visick by David Wiseman. It was a ghost story, and I loved those so much that the librarian at my school would keep them reserved for me whenever a new one came in.


The other somewhat obscure one I loved was Children of Morrow by H.M. Hoover. I borrowed it when I was in 6th grade, but then after I returned it, never found it again. It wasn’t until I was an adult (and eBay was invented) that I was able to get my own copy.

Happy Reading Book Nerd


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania, United States
I love to read!! :) Click on the Get To Know Me tab to learn more!!
View this profile on Instagram

Leah B (@urbestlyfe71318) • Instagram photos and videos