Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Turn It Up Tuesday

What inspires Wren to write.....


I don’t really listen to music as I write. It distracts me because I’m the type to listen and analyze the words. While writing Atancia, though, there were several scenes that involved music, and songs would go through my head as I wrote, helping me to set the mood.

When the main characters, Atty and Ben, first meet they are at a New Year’s Eve party, and being that they’re in Miami, a lot of Latin songs play. Some of the songs I imagined might play at the party include: Vivir Lo Nuestro by Marc Anthony, Juliana by DLG, and La Dueña del Swing by Los Hermanos Rosario.


Vivir Lo Nuestro
Here is a decent translation, in case you want to know what it means: http://lyricstranslate.com/en/Vivir-Lo-Nuestro-Vivir-Lo-Nuestro.html



Later in the story, Atty meets Ben’s brothers. One of them, Matt, plays guitar and convinces Atty to sing along with him. I had several songs I thought might work for that scene, including Killing Me Softly by the Fugees, Lean on Me by Bill Withers, and most likely, When the Stars Go Blue by Ryan Adams.


When the Stars Go Blue (the acoustic version since that’s how it would play in the story)


There is a scene where Atty decides to sing in the shower. This is the song I had in mind. There’s quite a bit of intro in this version, but it fits the tone in which she would sing.


Bei Mir Bist Do Schoen  




Happy Reading Book Nerd


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania, United States
I love to read!! :) Click on the Get To Know Me tab to learn more!!
View this profile on Instagram

Leah B (@urbestlyfe71318) • Instagram photos and videos