Thursday, July 23, 2015

Throwback Thursday

Jamie shares with Book Nerd 101 what were some of her favorite books growing up and what books inspired her to become an author.....



When I was a child, my mom had all these books that she got from Hawaii. I still remember how they smell. They told little adventures of these beautiful imaginary characters and, even though I can’t tell you their titles or what they’re about, I remember that they were my favorite. I wasn’t the type of kid that liked hearing the same book over and over again. I wanted to hear different stories.



But, there is one book that I remember the most. It’s the one that got me back into reading, the one that got me to love it again – The Catcher in the Rye. It is still one of my favorite books and, even though I don’t read it once a year like I do Pride and Prejudice, it plays a big role in my preferences as a reader.



I like reading about young characters that are trying to figure themselves out because, to me, that kind of growth is significant in a person’s life; the time when you decide what kind of person you want to become is so beyond important. It might be why I decided to become a teacher!

When it comes to wanting to be a writer, there isn’t one book; there’s one person and his name was Mr. Kocian – hope I spelled it right! He was my English teacher and when he actually made me sit outside and write poetry, I was struck with the beauty that was created when one could string a few words together.


I can thank him for instilling inspiration into my heart and soul. Thanks, Mr. K! :)






Happy Reading Book Nerd


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania, United States
I love to read!! :) Click on the Get To Know Me tab to learn more!!
View this profile on Instagram

Leah B (@urbestlyfe71318) • Instagram photos and videos