Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Turn It Up Tuesday

Jamie shares some songs that have inspired her writing.....Check them out!! 


In the very beginning stages of Broken, I was browsing around for music that might help inspire me to write this book and the first thing that I stumbled upon was this beautiful cover of Somewhere Only We Know by Keane. It features Max Schneider and Elizabeth Gillies and I imagine them being my characters Vani and Carter. Ahhhh!







Now, Broken is from Carter’s POV.  Here are a few songs that he would associate with this book:

Goner by twenty one pilots
Car Radio by twenty one pilots
Demons by Imagine Dragons
Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley


Fun Fact:  I have to write in absolute silence or I can’t think.

However, as I’m driving in my car, I try to listen to songs that inspire me and help me think of how the book is going to go. Here are a few of the songs that I pulled inspiration from:

Are You Happy Now by Megan and Liz
The Outside by Taylor Swift
Beauty in the Breakdown by Frou Frou
Skyscraper by Demi Lovato
Human by Christina Perri




Happy Reading Book Nerds





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania, United States
I love to read!! :) Click on the Get To Know Me tab to learn more!!
View this profile on Instagram

Leah B (@urbestlyfe71318) • Instagram photos and videos